Textract SDK uses screen OCR to feed a new program with the text data from an existing application even if this application does not support any communication API, like clipboard copy-paste or OCX/automation. Textract captures text from specified windows locations directly from the screen. Windows ClearType technology is fully supported.
Do You Need Textract SDK? Textract is for you if you confirm all assertions:
- You develop software for MS Windows, It unites existing systems.
- You have to feed text data from a system that cannot interact
- but shows all required info on the screen using Windows fonts (no PDF, Postscript or faxes).
- You can use OCX/VB Control, DLL or EXE from your program
- You need one copy or royalties are okay or you may prepay for unlimited use
Copy the Uncopyable with Kleptomania utility. Do you know how to capture text from folder trees, file lists, database reports, messages and dialog boxes? legacy systems? Answer: Kleptomania. Based on OCR. Free to try. 5000+ registered users worldwide.
Why Kleptomania if there is the Copy-Paste function? (because there is no Copy-Paste in many cases, look…) Isn’t it yet another screen grabber? (It grabs text not pixels) Does Kleptomania automation exist? (Only Textract SDK)
Unique screen OCR technology
The core of the Textract and Kleptomania is a proprietary Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine. It is specifically designed to capture the text produced by the Windows font rasterizer, and thus it enjoys the benefits of being devoted to Windows: it exactly defines precise properties of each letter, including location, font face, style and size. No other OCR provides that exactly.